Monday, May 7, 2012

Artist of the Week! Future Kings of Nowhere

The Future Kings of Nowhere are the definition of unique, alternative rock, and they are exactly what this blog is about. I discovered them on Pandora yesterday and have been listening to them nonstop. Their lyrics are intense,beautifully original, and completely relatable. Brass instruments are part of what give them such a different sound, and Shayne O'Neil's voice is what makes it memorable. Check out their website, and listen to some of my faves!





1. Like A Staring Contest "We've been standing here for hours on the edges of a canyon. I’ve got my side you've got yours and we’re both about to fall in. The pole we hold between us is the only thing that’s keeping us aloft."


2. Paper Napkins "Let’s just pretend for a second, it never happened, and we’ve been together for seven years instead of only four. And all of the distance between us,  like paper napkins folded and forgotten on the floor."


3. 10 Simple Murders "So I’m holed up in this motel and I’m loading up my guns, peering out the window, there’s a thousand cops out front, they circle me like vultures but I feel so far away."


4. Never "I keep expecting a letter or something from you saying you’re sorry and that you’ll be coming home soon. I never find it but I’ll keep on looking, I hope you find everything that you’re seeking."


5. What You Don't Know Might Kill Me "I’m happy like this just watching your lips, you don’t say a thing but it’s so obvious. You’re just nervous that I’m gonna break your heart."

0 comments:

Post a Comment